DoubleLine Income Solutions Fund (DSL)
The Fund’s investment objective is to provide a high level of current income and its secondary objective is to seek capital appreciation.
The Fund may invest in debt securities and other income-producing investments anywhere in the world, including in emerging markets.
Trades at about a 4% discount to NAV
Currently yields $0.15 monthly but is subject to change at any point
1% management fee
World’s best fixed income manager for a relatively small fee
Very sensitive to moves in interest rates
| Sector Breakdown
|High Yield Corporates
Firsthand Technology Value Fund Inc (NASDAQ:SVVC)
a publicly traded investment fund that provides private technology and cleantech companies with development funding and working capital, primarily in the form of equity investments.
- Trades at a discount to NAV as of today
- Portfolio contains difficult to acquire stakes in pre-ipo companies
- About 130mm in cash (probably higher since FB stake likely sold)
- Already 2 very successful investments with FB and SCTY
- 1 million shares of common and preferred B shares of Twitter
- 2 and 20% fee structure
- CEF’s typically trade at discounts to NAV
- Management may have conflicts b/c of relationships with portfolio companies
- NAV may not be accurate with illiquid private securities
- Dependent on an healthy technology IPO market
Global X Top Guru Holdings Index ETF (NYSEARCA:GURU)
- Best long ideas from long/short, activist and long biased hedge funds based on 13f filings.
- Relatively low expense ratio.
- Diversified well. Mostly solid companies already.
- 13f filings could be stale
- Highly correlated with the market
- Illiquid and only about 120mm in net assets